Dr Werner & Partner offer their clients an all-round service covering all individual areas of professional expertise. In addition to company establishment in Malta this also includes ongoing support for the Maltese limited company.
The following list is intended to give you a brief overview of the documents which have to be submitted punctually to the local authorities in the course of the business year:
1. Annual return: This is an annual report on structural changes within the company bodies which has to be submitted to the Maltese Registry of Companies, Maltese Financial Services Authority (MFSA). Thus, if there has been a change of CEO, shareholders or address of the limited company in the course of the past year, this must be noted in the so-called annual return. Even if no change has taken place in the company structure, the annual return still has to be submitted to the MFSA. This report serves to guarantee adequate and updated information on the ownership structure of the business. The annual submission deadline depends on the date of establishment of the company. If the annual return is not submitted punctually, the authority will impose fines. Dr Werner & Partner always deal with this service including all the official fees punctually and in direct cooperation with the client.
2. VAT return: Operative companies which are looked after by our law firm are, as a rule, registered in Malta for VAT (Value Added Tax). Such companies undertake to submit their VAT return to the Maltese VAT Department every quarter. In doing so, it does not play any role whether or not the limited company already registered any operative activities in the previous quarter. Even in the case of enterprises with no operative business, the VAT return has to be submitted in the form of a zero report. As a rule, the client’s monthly administrative accounting is handled by our Accounting Team. Clients are then notified by Ms Mallmann in advance of receipt of the new VAT return. This return has to be signed by the CEO and returned by post to our offices. After the accounting process has been completed by our Accounting Team, the quarterly figures are submitted by Dr Werner in the form of a management analysis, and following approval by the client the VAT return is submitted personally to the VAT Department by one of our staff. The authorities confirm punctual submission by means of a stamp.
3. Audit: Every Maltese company must submit an economic balance sheet together with an auditor’s certificate to the MFSA at the latest 10 months after the accounting reference date. In this way, the Maltese state aims to meet the requirements of honest and sustainable business structures. As Dr Werner & Partner as a Maltese law firm is not licensed as an audit firm, this service is undertaken by audit firms we partner with.
To facilitate communication between the client, the auditor and the Accounting Team, we offer you the services of Ms Krainer as a competent assistant who acts as a direct contact, particularly in the event of queries by the auditor, thus simplifying the auditing process. This service is, of course, free of charge for clients of Dr Werner & Partner.
Our service is planned and provided with care. For this reason, we guarantee punctual processing and submission of the above administrative obligations. Thus, anyone who is in the process of establishing a company in Malta and attaches great importance to correct fulfilment of the company’s business obligations will find Dr Werner & Partner to be a competent and reliable contact.
- Initial Coin Offering (ICO) vs. Security Token Offering (STO) in 2019 - 3. April 2019
- Security Token Offerings — STOs - 19. December 2018
- Crypto Exchange Malta — Part 3 - 17. December 2018
- Crypto Currency Exchange — Part 2 — Legal issues in Malta - 14. December 2018
- Crypto currency exchange — Part 1 — Basics - 12. December 2018
- Virtual Financial Asset (VFA) Licences in Malta - 13. October 2018
- Malta’s Prime Minister Muscat Defends The Finance Industry - 22. February 2018
- The Case of Galizia- Malta’s Murdered Journalist - 24. January 2018
- New Car Sharing System in Malta Provides Hope - 20. January 2018
- Throwback for Dr. Werner & Partner: 2017 - 29. December 2017