Thank you, 2017
The end of the year is speeding in on us, and once again we are faced with the opportunity to reflect on what has passed. 2017 what a busy year, just like the year before, and the year before that … One of our main client bases is made up of entrepreneurs and who are relocating to Malta. The founding of a company means that the real grind is only just beginning for us. It is a long process to source. To complicate matters further, it is usually the case that open Maltese bank accounts for our clients, so we must adhere to strict bureaucratic administrative guidelines. And so, while our client is so relishing his time in the sun, we are continually taking care of the paperwork involved in making all this possible.
Panama Papers, Malta Papers and Paradise Papers leaked
However, 2017 was a particular year in the coverage of various degrees of tax leakage was at all time high. In addition to the Panama Papers, the Malta Papers and more recently the Paradise Papers have become the focus of public coverage. It’s true that the array of legal principles in the law do not always mix well when combined with the biased camera angle of a reporter. But although many of the incidents were not reported as black and white as soon as possible, I find the status against illegal tax fraud something to celebrate. It is true that there is a certain amount of competition. Consider them a benchmark between what is wrong and what is right.
Our stance on this is firm: we assure our clients and potential clients. This sometimes means we reject a large percentage of our potential client-base. One can not expect to run a Maltese company from Germany and still expect to receive all the same benefits.
Come to Malta in 2018
There are a lot of things to do in Malta. Due to the increasing of digitization in the economy, the location of a corporation has decreased in importance. It is possible nowadays to work from anywhere in the world. So why not work in a Mediterranean Sea, where the water is beautiful, and the sun shines for over 300 days a year? We hope you will join us as we step into the exciting new year of 2018!
- Initial Coin Offering (ICO) vs. Security Token Offering (STO) in 2019 - 3. April 2019
- Security Token Offerings — STOs - 19. December 2018
- Crypto Exchange Malta — Part 3 - 17. December 2018
- Crypto Currency Exchange — Part 2 — Legal issues in Malta - 14. December 2018
- Crypto currency exchange — Part 1 — Basics - 12. December 2018
- Virtual Financial Asset (VFA) Licences in Malta - 13. October 2018
- Malta’s Prime Minister Muscat Defends The Finance Industry - 22. February 2018
- The Case of Galizia- Malta’s Murdered Journalist - 24. January 2018
- New Car Sharing System in Malta Provides Hope - 20. January 2018
- Throwback for Dr. Werner & Partner: 2017 - 29. December 2017