Legal Advice Malta
Our Legal Team is led by Dr Joerg Werner, a German Lawyer, and is composed of a number of Maltese Lawyers who are all specialised in different legal sectors. All Maltese lawyers working at DWP Dr Werner & Partner have been duly admitted to the Maltese Bar and can therefore assist and represent clients before the relevant Maltese Courts. This means that we can advise you in relation to German Laws, Maltese Laws and European Laws. Due to the team’s extensive knowledge of different legal regimes, the Legal Team at DWP Dr Werner & Partner is especially equipped to handle cross-border legal matters.
We specialise in all areas relating to company law, whether relating to how to set-up a company in terms of Maltese law, or any legal issues which may arise out of transactions made by the company. Apart from company law matters, we can also assist you in a range of different legal matters. Such matters include but are not limited to the following:
- Assistance relating to corporate and commercial matters;
- Drafting, vetting and reviewing of contracts and private writings to which you may be a party;
- Drafting and compiling of legal advice and opinions to help you in any transactions they may be considering engaging in and heling you analyse any possible risks which may exist;
- Negotiating out-of-court settlements for you;
- Assisting and representing clients in dispute resolution before different Courts and Tribunals in Malta and in other alternative dispute resolution proceedings such as arbitration and mediation
Despite that, we also offer legal service for individuals in the fields of:
- Family law
- Inheritance law
- Divorce law
- Labour Law
The team also has an extensive network of colleagues in Malta and abroad which ensures that services offered by DWP Dr Werner & Partner are as thorough and as detailed as possible.
What our Service includes
As already explained above, our services in this area include a wide range of services, both from a dispute resolution point of view, as well as providing advice to you to avoid reaching litigation stages. The below is a short explanation about our services:
- Corporate and Commercial matters – Our team can provide advice on structuring and incorporation of companies, obligations of companies in terms of Maltese Law and assistance in relation to any information which Maltese Regulatory Authorities may require. We can also assist in corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions and share transfers, whilst also assisting companies in issues of corporate governance;
- Drafting, vetting and reviewing – We can assist you in reviewing any contracts or agreements that they have already entered into and advise clients on whether such agreements are in accordance with the relevant dispositions of the law. We also assist you with vetting contracts and agreements which they may be entering into and assess the risks relating to the same agreements. Finally, we are also able to assist in drafting several types of contracts and agreements for you according to their needs and wishes. Such contracts or agreements can cover a variety of issues such as employment and rental contracts;
- Legal Opinions – Our team is trained to handle any questions which you may have by drafting and compiling legal opinions. Such legal opinions can help you in reaching a solution to a problem that they might have, and it can also help assist you in analysing risks which may be present in a transaction that they may be entering into. Our aim is always to help you to understand the effects that their actions may have and avoid future problems;
- Out-of-Court Settlements – Our main aim is to provide solutions which fit your needs and desires. We strive to provide advice on how best to proceed in certain situations where you may have claims against other parties, or even when other parties may have claims against you. At DWP Dr Werner & Partner we always strive to do our best to reach amicable and quick solutions, and we always try our best to help our you obtain a favourable result. To this end, we liaise and negotiate with lawyers and different entities in Malta and beyond so that we try to reach out-of-court settlements for you as much as possible;
- Assistance and Representation before Courts and Tribunals – Since our Maltese lawyers have all been duly admitted to the Maltese Bar, the legal team at DWP can provide assistance and representation to you before Maltese Courts and Tribunals. Since most of our team members can speak either English or German, we can assist a wide range of clients from different parts of the world. To this end, we can assist you in any court case or any case before different Boards and Tribunals in this jurisdiction which they may be party to, especially cases of a civil nature. These include but are not limited to cases relating to personal damages and damages to your properties, employment matters, rent issues and debt collection. If in our opinion it would not be advisable to pursue litigation, we endeavour to advise you about the risks which may exist.
Working with us - the process
- Send us an email or else write your query on the form provided on the website; You can of course also call us;
- Provide us with as much detail as possible so that our Customer Service Team may be able to forward the query accordingly;
- Once your query reaches us, someone from our team will get in touch with you so that we may get to know you better and get to know how best to deal with your query;
- We may then set up a meeting or a video conference to better identify the needs of the client and discuss the way forward;
- There is not one particular process which then will always be followed in such matters but every query shall be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. In some cases we also cannot confirm when the matter will be closed off, especially if it has to do with court cases or negotiations with other parties
Why you should choose us for Legal Advice Malta
The legal team at DWP Dr Werner & Partner is composed of highly trained Maltese and German lawyers who have been trained in their respective jurisdictions to handle legal matters in the best way possible. Since the lawyers at DWP are all specialised in different legal backgrounds, this can ensure that most of you queries can be handled by one team. Hence, we can ensure that you receive the best possible service when they are either relocating to Malta or when they may have a business or a company in Malta, or even if our clients are simply thinking about.
Our team can handle litigation as well as out-of-court settlements for you and hence, can properly provide advice on which route would be best to solve your legal problems. Once proceedings have been instituted, the team at DWP Dr Werner & Partner can also inform you in a step-by-step manner on the progress of such proceedings. There is no need for you to be physically present in this jurisdiction for us to handle their legal matters, as we can ensure that we are always a point of contact to them in Malta. We shall strive to assist and represent you as best as possible whilst keeping our clients informed about how the matter is proceeding every step of the way.
The team also has an extensive network of colleagues in Malta and abroad which ensures that you receive a thorough and complete service.
The legal team at DWP Dr Werner & Partner is made up both of experienced individuals as well as young, energetic individuals who are constantly striving to learn more about their respective areas of practice and to develop their skills. The team at DWP has been growing throughout the years and at present, the different members forming part of the team can assist you in a wide variety of matters.
The team’s experience and professionalism throughout the years has attracted a number of different clients having different legal matters to attend to. To this end, DWP is today in a position to offer experience and professional assistance to any client which may request its legal services. Since the team is also made up of different professionals, any client who may come to DWP for legal assistance may also request other services from DWP. Hence, DWP Dr Werner & Partner is the ideal choice for anyone requiring a variety of services, with the team being able to attend to most of your needs and queries.
What our clients say about our service
READ FULL TESTIMONIAL
READ FULL TESTIMONIAL
Key Contacts for Legal Advice Malta
Frequently Asked Questions about Legal Advice Malta
Do you need legal advice?
Talk to a lawyer now
Expert- & Blog Posts about Legal Advice Malta
Introduction As many of you are aware, companies are formed and founded by shareholders, however, this does not mean that the company is managed and