Trademark Registration Malta
In an ever-competitive geopolitical landscape, the necessity to protect company branding and trade names is of paramount importance.
Notwithstanding the fact that there is no inherent obligation to ‘trademark’ a company name, successful and growing businesses should definitely consider stamping their global authority by considering endorsement and registration with the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
However, customers might be curious to ask – what exactly is a ‘trademark’?
We can perhaps be traditional and mundane by stating that a trademark is simply a sign used in everyday trade to identify products. However, we prefer being practical and state that a Trademark is everything about ‘You’. Your Company. Your Identity. Your Values.
Protecting your identity and work is essential especially when preying eyes might seek to copy some of your methods or trends to improve their business. Alternatively, a growing business with huge potential and market depth would do well to commence protecting its brand. In some extreme scenarios, envious competitors might also seek a more blatant approach – by copying your figurative marks or company name!
That is why, here at Dr Werner & Partner, we are fully aware of the advantages that an EU Trademark may offer.
So protect what is rightfully yours and speak to us for authorization!
Who can benefit from our services
- Companies with a global network of operations.
- Companies that operate through branches across the EU.
- Companies with a business activity limited to Malta should not necessarily seek EUIPO TM Approval Status.
What our Service includes
Our Services include the following:
- Constant communication and liaising with the customer (both during the initial process & monitoring of the application).
- Full submission of the application on your behalf.
- Providing all assistance vis-à-vis Nice Classification (The Nice Classification is a system of classifying goods and services for European Union (EU) trade mark applications – it consists of 45 classes).
- Categorizing all ‘Goods and Services’ commensurate to the business activities of the Company.
- Recommending whether or not to file ‘inter alia’ a ‘Word Mark, ‘Figurative Mark’, ‘Shape Mark’ and/or ‘Figurative Mark containing word elements’.
- Submission of all payments and fees.
- Acting as an ‘intermediary’ with the EUIPO office in Alicante, Spain.
Working with us - the process
- Send us an email or call us.
- A meeting [whether face-to-face or non-face-to-face] is organised.
- Nice Classification process is described to you.
- Assistance in selecting the relevant Goods and Services.
- Submission of Application and Owner ID Number generated.
- Publication of Application after 1 month.
- Opposition Period by the EUTM [expires after appx 3 months].
- After 4 months, EUTM is registered and published.
- Trademark valid for a period not exceeding ten (10) years.
Why you should choose us for trademark services
- You don’t have to worry about a thing! We will endeavor to monitor the application process ourselves.
- We are in constant communication with you! (via Phone, Email or Skype)
- When in doubt, we will recommend a face-to-face meeting to discuss your concerns and/or worries.
- We are able to communicate effectively in both English and German!
- We will also communicate with the EUIPO ourselves – as your designated representative.
We have registered trademarks for an array of customers (including start-ups, medium sized companies and multi-national corporations).
Our team is composed of lawyers and legal professionals – who always endeavor to keep up-to-date with the latest amendments & updates.
What our clients say about our service
READ FULL TESTIMONIAL
READ FULL TESTIMONIAL
Key Contacts for Trademark Registration Malta
Frequently Asked Questions about Trademark Registration Malta
Do you want to register a trademark?
Speak now to an expert
Expert- & Blog Posts
At Dr Werner & Partner, we look after clients from all over the world who are seeking tax advice in Malta or are considering establishing
In times of networking, living abroad, free movement within the European Union, extended globalization and mobility, people more often do not spend their whole life in one and the same place. Moving abroad is more and more common – either for several years or permanently.
On the sunny Mediterranean island of Malta, everything revolves around blockchain technology. Before the Malta AI & Blockchain Summit takes place in a few weeks,