Candidate Privacy Notice
Last Updated: 20/11/2019
DWP Dr. Werner & Partner (hereinafter referred to as ‘DWP’ and/or ‘Service Provider’) is the brand under which the member firms of company DWP Malta Ltd. operate and provide professional services.
- Joerg Werner — Advocate & Legal Practitioner
- DWP Malta Ltd
Together, these firms form the DWP network. ‘DWP’ is often used to refer either to individual firms within the ‘DWP’ network or to several or all of them collectively.
Kindly note that for other services, such as VFA related services, Audit and Book Keeping, DWP works collaboratively with the following companies:
- DWP VFA Agent Ltd;
- Borg Galea Audit Ltd;
- Servox Ltd.
This Privacy Notice (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Notice’) sets out the way in which DWP collects and processes personal data relating to candidates (or job applicants) together with the steps we take to ensure the protection of such information.
We take data privacy seriously and are committed to manage your personal data in a professional manner and in compliance with Applicable Data Protection and Privacy Laws.
This Policy is made compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the ‘GDPR’ or the ‘Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any subsidiary legislation which may be amended from time to time.
It is important that you read this Candidate Privacy Notice so that you are aware of how and why we are using your information when applying for a vacancy with DWP.
- As part of the recruitment process, the Company collects and processes personal data relating to candidates. Therefore, the Company is committed to being transparent and to meet its data protection obligations.
- This Notice is based on the following data protection principles:
- the processing of personal data shall take place in a lawful, fair and transparent manner;
- the collection of personal data shall only be performed for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and will not be further processed in a manner which is incompatible with such purposes;
- the collection of personal data shall be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which they were collected and are processed;
- the personal data shall be accurate and kept up-to-date (where applicable);
- every reasonable step shall be taken to ensure that any inaccurate information is erased and/or rectified without delay, taking into account the purpose(s) for which they are processed;
- the personal data shall be kept in a form which allows identification of the data subject;
- the personal data shall not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected and processed;
- all personal data shall be kept confidential and shall be stored in a manner which ensures appropriate security.
- By submitting your personal data, you declare that:
- you have read, understood and accepted this Notice;
- the information provided is complete and true to the best of your knowledge;
- incorrect statements could potentially lead to your application being rejected or disregarded;
- consent was obtained from any third-party whose details are included in the information provided;
- authorise DWP Malta Ltd. to verify statement contained within your application and to conduct any necessary checks.
- PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
- We collect the following information:
- name, surname, contact details, including phone number and email address;
- Curriculum Vitae (‘CV’) including details of your experience, employment history, qualifications and skills;
- Information about your entitlement to work in Malta;
- Any other data which might be requested in relation to your employment with DWP.
- The information collected will be stored in locations directly managed by us, including human resources management systems.
- PURPOSE OF PROCESSING
|Personal Data||Purpose||Legal Basis|
|To identify and to communicate with the candidate.||To take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contractual agreement.|
|Curriculum Vitae||For recruitment and selection purposes||To take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contractual agreement.|
|Clean record (where applicable)||For employment purposes.||For the legitimate interests pursued by the Data Controller.|
|Entitlement to work in Malta||To check whether third-country nationals are in possessions of the employment licence required by law to work in Malta.||To comply with a legal obligation with respect to third-country nationals residing and working in Malta.|
- DISCLOURE OF DATA
- For the purpose of the recruitment process your personal data may be shared, both internally and externally.
- We may disclose your information to third-party entities in the following scenarios:
- to comply with our legal and/or contractual obligations;
- to respond to a court order, administrative or judicial process (e.g. subpoena or search warrant);
- in response to lawful requests by public authorities (e.g. law enforcement or national security);
- to protect the Company’s, your or third-party interests;
- in relation to the assignment, re-organisation or transfer of all or part of our services to an interested party; and
- where necessary, to establish, exercise or defend against potential, threatened or actual litigation.
- Your personal data shall not be shared with any other third parties (unrelated to the recruitment process) unless your explicit consent is obtained.
- DATA SECURITY
- We take the security of your data seriously. We adopted various controls and have in place internal policies which protect your data against unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, loss or destruction.
- All efforts are being taken to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of systems and services processing personal information.
- If we learn of a security breach, we will inform you of such occurrence in accordance with applicable law.
- DATA RETENTION
- If your application for employment is not successful, we will hold your personal data for a period of six (6) months or for up to one (1) year if your application was submitted through a recruitment agency.
- If your application is successful, the personal data collected during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personal file which is stored by the Human Resources Department and shall be retained throughout the duration of your employment.
- Once you successfully complete the on-boarding process, should you require further information on retention periods, you will be able to access and read our Data Retention Policy.
- YOUR RIGHTS
- As a data subject you have several rights in relation to your personal data. We respect your privacy rights and will endeavour to uphold such rights to the extent that they apply to the way in which we process your personal data.
- Your principal rights are:
- the right to be informed;
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to know of the existence of automated decision-making;
- the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority and/or seek judicial remedy; and
- the right to withdraw consent.
- The Company has a GDPR Compliance Team (hereinafter referred to as ‘the Team’) who is responsible for matters relating to privacy and data protection. If you wish to exercise any of the above-mentioned rights, The Team may be reached on firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling on +356 21377700.
- We will respond to such requests within one (1) month, with the possibility to extend this period to three (3) months for particularly complex requests, in accordance with applicable law.
- If you believe that we have not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain with the Lead Supervisory Authority (i.e. the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner) on email@example.com.
- FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE INFORMATION
- As a candidate, you are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide your personal data to the Company during the recruitment process. However, if you fail to provide us with the necessary information, we may not be able to process your application properly, in full or in part.
- CONTACT US
- Any matters or queries relating to the recruitment process may be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by post to DWP Malta Limited, Phoenix Business Centre, Old Railway Track, Santa Venera SVR 9022, Malta.
- CHANGES THIS NOTICE
- This Notice may be amended from time to time. If we change this Notice in ways which affect how we use your personal information, we will advise you of the choices you may have as a result of such changes.