Muscat speaks out
“We are confident of our system, which is solid, transparent and fully compliant.” So we should be forthcoming and engage with those overseas and with our critics. ” These are the words with which Muscat addressed his audience at a seminar for financial service providers.
Even in the face of heavy headwind experienced in the year 2017 — Muscat spoke in the context of a siege — our heads are not to be stuck in the sand. Malta is confident and goal-oriented. By the island’s transparent and open laws, which adhere to all EU directives and the BEPS initiative, assertion is entirely viable.
The right time to look forward to the future
Many critics do not understand Malta’s current situation. It is not tasteful nor is it timely to keep one’s sights on the past. It is better, rather, to look to the future with an optimism to strengthen Malta’s stand. However, the government can not do this alone. This requires a system in which we tackle various challenges together.
Muscat was supported by his Finance Minister, Scicluna. He judged the current condition by comparison to the wreckage of a tsunami. In 2017 we went through a stress test. But we can now look ahead and continue to work hard for the future of Malta. Weaknesses need to be openly addressed, and there is much room for improvement when it comes to the flow of information between authorities.
Malta needs to be transparent. The law office of Dr. Werner & Partner undergo regular audits and are obliged to give any outstanding information to the authorities of Malta. Malta wants to continue to be progressive in the future. Being on a steady rise in growth and development, it is an attractive destination for many investors within the EU. We can only assume that this rate of growth will continue in the future.
- Security Token Offerings — STOs - 19. December 2018
- Crypto Exchange Malta — Part 3 - 17. December 2018
- Crypto Currency Exchange — Part 2 — Legal issues in Malta - 14. December 2018
- Crypto currency exchange — Part 1 — Basics - 12. December 2018
- Virtual Financial Asset (VFA) Licences in Malta - 13. October 2018
- Malta’s Prime Minister Muscat Defends The Finance Industry - 22. February 2018
- The Case of Galizia- Malta’s Murdered Journalist - 24. January 2018
- New Car Sharing System in Malta Provides Hope - 20. January 2018
- Throwback for Dr. Werner & Partner: 2017 - 29. December 2017
- Arrests in Malta After Murder of Journalist Galizia - 5. December 2017